5G Automotive Association- 5GAA
5G Automotive Association (5GAA) is created to connect telecom industry and vehicle manufacturers and work closely together to develop end-to-end solutions for future mobility and transportation services.
The reason behind setting up this organization is to save human lives by avoiding the accidents using advanced sensing, communication and computing technologies integrated into vehicles. According to WHO, there were about 1.25 million road traffic fatalities worldwide in 2013, with another 20–50 million injured or disabled through traffic accidents The overall economic impact of road crashes was estimated to be $518B globally and in some countries this represents 1-5% of the GDP.
5GAA mission is to develop, test and promote communications solutions, initiate their standardization and accelerate their commercial availability and global market penetration to address society’s connected mobility and road safety needs with applications such as autonomous driving, ubiquitous access to services and integration into smart city and intelligent transportation.
5GAA is working on following activities in order to achieve its mission:
- Define and harmonize use cases, business and go-to-market models for automotive and intelligent mobility applications, including rental cars, car sharing and electric vehicles
- Elaborate technology selection and road map evolution strategy including spectrum allocation requirements
- Influence standardization and regulatory bodies, certification and approval processes required for the deployment of future connected mobility solutions
- Address vehicle-to-x connectivity and communication challenges, including wireless and cellular access networks, security, privacy, authentication, distributed cloud architectures, technology platforms, protocols and data formats required for reliable communication and access to cloud content
- Run joint innovation and development projects leading to inter-operability testing, large scale pilots and trial deployments
5GAA Members: 5GAA members are Automotive companies, Network Vendors, Device Chip Manufactures,Test and Measurement Manufacturer and Network operator across the Globe. Its website is www.5gaa.org.
- BMW Group
- SK Telcom
- China Mobile
Test and Measurement Instrument Companies
- Keysight Technology
- Rohde & Schwarz
- NR-Logical Channels,Transport Channels and Physical Channels Mapping
- NR Radio Network Temporary Identifier (RNTI)
- 5G New Radio Throughput Capabilities
- 5G New Radio Spectral Efficiency