RF Design and Testing section is designed for people who work in the field of radio frequency communications as well as those who require a basic understanding of RF fundamentals. Our RF courses are specifically designed by experts in the field, and the material is continuously updated with the latest information and market trends.
RF training courses cover the fundamental RF concepts and advanced RF engineering principles. We show you how to plan, architect, design, develop, troubleshoot and maintain RF systems and applications.
RF Emerging Technologies
- Envelope Tracking (ET), Power amplifier Efficiency Concept
- RF Sampling
- Massive MIMO
- Explain NOMA basic concept, compare to OFDMA, its 5G applications ?
- What is Active Antenna System (AAS), its 3D Aspect, Why AAS for 5G?
- 5G Full Duplexer Radio Self Interference Cancellation
- mSAP: New PCB Technology to be used in 5G Smartphones
- Drone Wireless Video Transmission – Technologies, Challenges and Solutions !
- What are the important parameters to look for while choosing PCB material ?
- Wavelength, Frequency, Amplitude and Phase – defining Waves
- Noise Figure, receiver chain noise figure calculation example
- Return Loss/Insertion Loss
- What is VSWR and its Formulas
- VSWR and Return Loss
- P1dB Point
- RF Frequency bands
- What is 90nm, 65nm 5nm technology
- Why characteristics impedance of RF transmission lines is kept 50 Ohm
- How to communicate with digital devices like Sensors, ADC, DAC for IOT (over I2C and SPI protocols)
RF System Design Considerations
- LTE Reference Sensitivity Calculation, How it depends on SNR, Why low throughput at Cell Edge?
- Direct Conversion Architecture, its sections, Technical Challenges, benefits
- Superheterodyne Architecture
- What is physical signification of IP3, why it is more important in Receiver Chain
- Noise Figure
- What is ACLR
- How to improve TX chain ACLR ?
- What parameters impacts the EVM of Transmitter Chain ?
- What is EVM?
- Skin Depth
- Passive Inter-modulation (PIM)
- How Conventional AGC (Automatic Gain Control) works and its important parameters ?
- What is RBW
- What is VBW, difference between RBW and VBW
- VSWR of BTS Antenna port
- E-UTRA Test Models
- Signal Generator
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Vector Network Analyzer
- Smart Antenna and Beamforming, Understanding with GNU: Part 1
- Smart Antenna and Beamforming, Understanding with GNU: Part 2
- Smart Antenna and Beamforming, Understanding with GNU: Part 3
- Antenna Tilt: Mechanical vs Electrical
- Types of IoT Antennas, how to choose and from where to get ?
RF Design Examples
- LoRa Sensitivity and Link-budget Calculations Explained !
- How to choose an Antenna for your application ?
- Mobile Phone Architecture
- What is GPS, how it is used for Base station applications, how to choose GPS module ?
- What is BTS, which unit of BTS consumes most of its power?
- Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Concepts
- LTE Repeater
- RF signal transmit and receiver flow
Useful RF Calculators