This post is we have listed most frequent asked question during the Interiew.
Jenkins is an open source automation tool with plugins built for Continuous Integration purpose. Jenkins is used to build and test software projects continuously making it easier for developers to integrate changes to the project, and making it easier for testers to obtain a fresh build. It also allows continuously delivery of software by integrating with a large number of testing and deployment technologies.
Jenkins integrates development life-cycle processes of all kinds, including build, document, test, package, stage, deploy, static analysis etc.
- What is Jenkins? What have you used it for?
- What are the advantages of Jenkins over its competitors? Can you compare it to one of the following systems?
- What are the limitations or disadvantages of Jenkins?
- What is a Job in in Jenkin?
- What is a Build?
- What is a Plugin?
- What is a Node or Worker
- What is a Executor?
- What plugins have you used in Jenkins?
- Have you used Jenkins for CI or CD processes? Can you describe them?
- What type of jobs are there? Which types have you used?
- How did you report build results to users? What ways are there to report the results?
- You need to run unit tests every time a change submitted to a given project. Describe in details
- how your pipeline would look like and what will be executed in each stage
- How to secure Jenkins?
- Describe how do you add new nodes (agents) to Jenkins
- How to acquire multiple nodes for one specific build?
- Whenever a build fails, you would like to notify the team owning the job regarding the failure and provide failure reason. How would you do that?
- There are four teams in your organization. How to prioritize the builds of each team? So the jobs of team x will always run before team y for example
- If you are managing a dozen of jobs, you can probably use the Jenkins UI. But how do you manage the creation and deletion of hundreds of jobs every week/month?
- What are some of Jenkins limitations?
- What is the different between a scripted pipeline to declarative pipeline? Which type are you using?
- How would you implement an option of a starting a build from a certain stage and not from the beginning?
- Do you have experience with developing a Jenkins plugin? Can you describe this experience?
- Have you written any Jenkins scripts? If yes, what for and how they work?