Accent Systems introduces its new LTE device. It’s an IoT tracker with LTE and beacon technologies, designed to get maximum efficiency and precision in indoor and outdoor locations. It allows you to collect data in real-time and with extremely low power consumption: its battery can last years (depending on the use case).
The device sends information directly to the cloud thanks to LTE cellular connectivity. This is because Accent Systems has once again opted for two communication technologies that allow to optimize the transfer of information and guarantee low energy consumption: Narrowband-IoT (NB-IoT) and LTE-M.
The IoT Tracker is designed to improve processes in the logistics sector, especially for making an exhaustive cold chain monitoring. Not only geolocate but also gathers data from temperature and shock and sends it to a platform where see results immediately.
This is one of the multiple use cases of Accent Systems IoT Tracker, with LTE and beacon technologies. It is an intuitive configurable device, and also allows each customer and/or developer to create their own application according to their needs.
If we return to the logistics sector example, in particular cold chain monitoring, we will install the IoT Tracker on the product or products we want to hold at a particular temperature. The device will send real-time location and temperature and, if it is out of range, will send an alert. This will let know if the cold chain has been broken and detect which has been the problem to fix it and even prevent it. In addition also will have clear proof of delivery.
The device is not only designed for outdoor and moving objects, but also to locate assets, for example, inside a warehouse. Thus, a transport company that install an IoT Tracker on the goods stored in the warehouse can speed up their processes because the assets will be always located and know their status in real time.
Geo-location Systems used in LTE Devices
This LTE device can act as a beacon, as a tracker and as a gateway. Three possibilities that make it very versatile and open up the range of possibilities and use cases. The IoT Tracker uses different positioning systems:
Beacon: To achieve maximum accuracy in indoor location, we have devised a solution that combines traditional beacons and the new IoT Tracker, that would be acting as a gateway.
Wi-Fi Positioning System (WPS): Device can be located outdoors thanks to the WiFi networks which located around.
Satellite Positioning : The device uses all these satellite technologies to solve the position: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou/Compass, QZSS.
- 4 GHz radios. It supports the latest Bluetooth 5.0 standard.
- The output power is +4dBm and the sensitivity is -96 dBm.
WiFi Positioning System
- E-GPRS bands.
- The device uses WiFi routers for location in urban and indoor environments. More efficient in terms of energy consumption.
- Low-power satellite signal receiver that supports GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BeiDou and QZSS.
- LTE modem equipped with an ARM Cortex A7 (1.3 GHz).
- Supports NB-IoT and LTE-M.
- Peak data upload speed for LTE-M: 375 KBps.
- Peak data upload speed for NB-IoT: 60 KBps.
- The modem supports eDRX and PSM sleep cycles to reduce power consumption.
- Modem and GSM antenna supports 15 bands: B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B8/B12/B13/B18/B19/B20/B26/B28/B39.
Processor and Memory
- Low-power 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 CPU with floating point unit (FPU) running at 64 MHz.
- There is an additional ARM CryptoCell co-processor with a full AES 128-bit suite.
- Two battery options, Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery or lithium thionyl non rechargeable batteries.
- MicroUSB compatible with USB 2.0 for fast charging.
- 3-axis accelerometer.
- Temperature sensor.
- RGB LED
- Mounting hole for industrial deployments.
How and Where is the information shown?
The information collected by the device is sent directly to the cloud, through NB-IoT or LTE-M. To display the data, Accent Systems has developed the platform Inmolecular, an IoT ecosystem that allows clients to manage all their devices.
The ecosystem is a base layer, that processes information, and different applications, which may be the standard Accent Systems offers or be carried out by the user. These applications are used to display the information collected by the IoT Tracker, with LTE and beacon technologies.
Build an application on the core of Inmolecular guarantees super secure communications, end-to-end encryption of the information and battery optimization.
Article is submitted by Raquel Ligero (PR Manager at Accent Systems)
- Narrow Band IoT
- Narrow Band IoT Frequency Bands
- Narrow Band IoT Frame Structure
- Narrow Band Synchronization Signals (NPSS and NSSS)
- Narrow Band-Physical Broadcast Channel (NPBCH)
- NB-IoT PRBs (Physcial Resource Blocks) for In-Band Operation
- Narrow Band IoT- Signalling Radio Bearers (SRBs)
- Narrow Band-IOT UE Attach Call Flow Messaging
- Cat. NB1 and Cat. NB2 Devices Comparison
- Features Comparison: NB-IoT UE Vs LTE UE
- Maximum Coupling Loss (MCL) and Maximum Path Loss (MPL)
- IoT Device Battey Life 10 Years !!! How is it possible? Battery Life Calculation for NB-IoT Device
- Narrow Band IoT Modem Chipset Vendors
- Samsung’s NB IOT Modem